Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Final Reflection

During this summer session of EdTech543 I learned a lot about social media and how to use it for professional development and integrating it with students. The biggest takeaway from this course was using Twitter and being involved in Twitter Chats using TweetChat and TweetDeck. Although I have used Twitter in the past for other courses, I felt like during this course I immersed myself into the Twitter world and plan on continuing my connections on Twitter. I also enjoyed using Facebook for this course because I use Facebook for my personal life daily. It made the submissions much easier and I'm more comfortable using it. I would like to look more into using Facebook for a classroom account. Our school uses it for school-wide purposes, but not individual classrooms. I plan to implement more instruction on digital footprints with my students this year, and showing them the projects fellow classmates created. It's so important for students, young and old, to realize how important it is to monitor their digital footprint.

Using this blog for EdTech543 made it easy to collect everything and share on Facebook. I thought my posts was detailed and thorough for each assignment. I would propose a grade of 75/75 for my final blog grade.

I am sad to end the course, but excited to fit in a few weeks of summer before heading back to the classroom as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment