Tuesday, June 28, 2016

#edchat

I participated in a Twitter chat called #edchat. They meet twice a day and don't use an organized format like the previous chats I've participated in. Many people use the #edchat so the chat was flooded with spam, and it was pretty difficult to follow. The topic we discussed was if content should be the sole drive of instruction, or if students need something more/different. Many people agreed that content shouldn't be the only engaging factor because many students don't see the purpose in content unless it's relevant to their lives. We talked about integrating more technology for engagement purposes, and getting parents involved with "how" students learn instead of "what" they learn. In my experience many parents want to know when their student is going to learn A,B and C. Instead of knowing how their child likes to learn or what motivates their child to succeed. I gathered some good information from the chat, but with it being so disorganized I don't think I will participate in another #edchat. Below are some screenshots of my chat.





No comments:

Post a Comment