Monday, June 13, 2016

Twitter and Hashtags

I am new to Twitter, and to be honest I have not fallen in love... yet! During Module 3 we were to find at least 5 hashtags to follow and add to our TweetDeck. I chose: #targetteachers #edtech #parents #edchat and #stem. I have followed @targetteachers on Instagram for about a year now and I LOVE the ideas they post with stuff you can purchase at Target and use in the classroom. I decided to follow #edtech because with my Master's degree in Educational Technology, I thought this would be a good relevant trend to follow. When searching through some example hashtags I came across #parents and thought it would be a good idea as a step-parent and an educator to follow this trend for ideas relating to parents my two step-daughters and the connection between parents and educators. #Edchat came across my Twitter feed a while ago and I've found great articles posted with this trend. And last but not least I began following #stem because I am loving the creativity students and my kids at home are able to foster using STEM activities.


Using Twitter is becoming easier for me and I am starting to see the opportunities arise in each post. I can find quick examples of projects, or great ideas to use in my classroom. I think using Twitter as professional development could be helpful as long as the users bought into the idea. I think young and open minded teachers would be very excited to have their professional development at their finger tips 24/7. Others like the separation of work and home. I would be excited to use Twitter and other social media outlets as professional development. 


No comments:

Post a Comment